Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Stitch'nBitch Little Black Top

I bought the cotton for this from webs ages ago. purple, not black. I get harassed so much about my wearing of black. it's blocking now. I went spare on the ends. but then this site made me feel a bit better about it being an imperfect thing.

I have never knitted a top I actually like even though I have knitted many. I hope this is the first I actually love to wear.

And, p2togtbl (website address) is purl two together through the back loop. It drove me mad on this top. It's a left leaning decrease and it matches against k2tog (knit two together). and until I discovered it the armhole decreases looked crap. I had to rip it back twice to get it right. the neckline got ripped twice too and I still think it will look crap but I decided it was enough.

back:


front:

1 comment:

Kazzer said...

Who would hassle you abut wearing black? Although you do look very nice in other colours. Can't wait to see the finished top.