Wednesday, January 04, 2006

A new bunny. Softer and sweeter than the last.

I knit (knitted? - Naenae College did nothing for my grammar, which word is right? Knit, Knitted, Knotted??) another bunny for a friend due any day now. It's in Patons Zhivago (50% tencel 50% acrylic) which is lovely and soft. I was going to put something round it's neck but I decided it looked better nude. It's ears also had to be altered as 2 balls wasn't quite enough. But it looks quite cute with short ears. Original bunny is probably getting a wash to see if he will soften up. Unsure how his stuffing will react to that. He's too scratchy for a baby, made out of 100% wool and cheap stuff at that.

I am up to about 12" on tempting II. I took it to King Kong but realised I had knitted where I should have purled and had to stop. I didn't even fluff up the knitting during the movie, I had done it 2 rows earlier but could tell something wasn't quite right in the half dark. I think I have another 4" to go before start arms and top. I may knit a bit more as I hate short tops, my belly has to be well covered by at least 3 layers ( undies, trousers, then top) otherwise I feel quite out of sorts. I have some shirts that I wear that don't quite cover it and I feel very uncomfortable wearing them.


So, I didn't knit, I watched. And it wasn't as bad as I had thought. It made me sad, but it made Tana Umaga sad too apparently so I feel better about being sad. There were some super cheesy moments and some dragged on and on but not completly dreadful.

So now as payment I get to go and see something I want to see which he will hate. Not intentional but he doesn't like what I like. He likes Zoolander for gods sake. Very disturbing... I tried really hard to watch that when it came on tv the other night. I sat there thinking "maybe I have to make my mind completly blank and then this will be funny" But no, it's just complete crap.

1 comment:

Kazzer said...

Zoolander really is crap. There is nothing funny about it at all.
Your bunny is lovely.
Glad you took your knitting to King Kong. Hopefully he will be too embarrassed to make you go to boring movies again!